#TEMPRANILLOTUESDAY: Marqués de Riscal Rioja Riserva
Guess what? It’s #TempranilloTuesday !!!! And today we’re highlighting one of the first Riojas we ever tried, Marqués de Riscal Rioja Reserva (Usually around $20!!!!) This Rioja is made up of 90% Tempranillo and the other 10% is made up of both Graciano and Mazuelo. On the nose you’re getting spice, dark fruit, subtle vanilla. On the palate, this is a dry, medium bodied red wine. You get a little spiciness, plum, leather and some subtle hints of toasted oak. The wine is elegant and smooth, with soft tannins. This Rioja is easy drinking and a great summer red wine. It would be a great addition to any 4th of July BBQs you’re planning on attending because it goes great with grilled meats or poultry. Have you tried this Rioja before?